In general, we want to communicate clearly and have good working relationships with all our customers. We will treat you with Christian charity, patience, and honor, seeking to be just and equitable. We would appreciate the same from you. Please see more detailed information on what that means in certain circumstances.
General Terms and Conditions
You are a person to us, or a Church or ministry, not just a number. Most of our regular customers are longtime friends of St. Andrew’s Church & Academy. We value your friendship—old and new!
We make some of the best additive-free, naturally scented, long-burning candles you will find. We craft our candles by hand, in the “old world” method. We do not use machines. This means a remarkable amount of control over our product and also causes slight variation in the end product, giving our candles that “hand made” quality and character. Our candles are competitive with most major candle companies. If you are only concerned about price, our candles may not be for you. If you like hand-crafted, quality candles made by hand that are consistent and bright and that burn for an exceptionally long time with a lovely honey scent, continue to buy our candles!
We stand behind and believe in our product 100%. There is always some variation in hand made products, but if we made it wrong, or it doesn’t work as expected, let us know and we will replace it.
However, you are on your own if:
- You burn the candle in a draft or outright wind (Churches generally use followers to deal with drafts);
- You place or allow debris, matches, or any other foreign object into the melted wax of the candle, especially if you allow it to stay in the candle;
- You burn the candle in an excessively cold room or place, or freeze your candle;
- You put your candle out with anything other than by blowing it out or using a snuffer, especially if you use, or allow to be used, water or any other liquid;
- You obviously burn the candle inconsistent with the labeling on the candle at the time of purchase.
By placing an order on this website, you agree that you are:
- Either the owner or an authorized user of the payment instrument used;
- You are not engaged in fraud of any kind involving this website, the payment instrument, or (if an authorized user) the owner of the payment instrument;
- You are actually expecting to receive the items ordered;
- Shipping, unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase, is not free; and
- Payment will be collected at the time your order is placed or, for qualifying institutions, within 30 days of the invoice arriving with your candles.
Payment is due in full for all orders at the time of placement or, for qualifying institutions, within 30 days of the invoice arriving with your shipment.
Refunds, Return, and Exchanges
It is not the general policy of St. Andrew’s to issue refunds on our store products. If there is an issue with our craftsmanship, we will replace the product. We will do this upon receipt of the defective item from you, at your expense. Call us to discuss the problem and let us know to expect your shipment. If the item is a custom item, replacement may take extra time. Exchanges will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
After we receive the candle, we will briefly assess the item for defect and, at our discretion, either ship a replacement product or issue you a pro rata credit for the candle.